Confidential Information Memorandum (CIM)
A confidential information memorandum (CIM) is a document that contains important information about a company that is going through a Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) transaction (the target). Prepared by the investment banker or M&A advisor of the target, it includes its financial statements, key financial matrices, information about the composition of the board and management team, and other relevant data for potential buyers.
Investment banker uses CIM as a marketing material to make the target look more attractive to prospective acquirers as the bank intends to sell the target at the highest valuation.
CIM is different from a Pitchbook; the latter contains the credentials of the banker rather than the target company.
CIM contains important information about the target, which is required in its valuation, so the acquirer firm needs CIM. Apart from it, as mentioned above, an Investment banker uses CIM to convey information about the target to potential buyers, effectively acting as marketing material for the bank.
Following are the components of a typical CIM:
- Executive Summary: This section provides an overview of the target, including its key products & services, business model, revenue growth, and profitability.
- Investment Rationale: This section details why the target company would be a great investment for the buyer. It contains detailed description of the target, potential synergies, how the acquirer’s business can benefit from the deal, and other potential opportunities that would be generated for the acquirer by this acquisition.
- Industry Overview: In this section banker presents information about the Market in which the target company operates. The industry overview contains information about market size, top players, the target’s relative position, recent trends and growth prospects, etc.
- Company Overview: It contains basic information about the target company, such as year of establishment, business description, key executives, employee details, financial & valuation metrics, etc.
- Products and Services: This section mentions the key products and services with which the target company deals. The relative composition of each product line and detailed analysis are presented.
- Revenue Profile: It shows the company’s revenue mix according to geographies, business segments, different parts of the year, etc.
- Employee Profile: In this section, information about all key employees of the target are mentioned.
- Customer Profile: It shows what type of customers the target company serves, along with information about the top 10 or 20 customers.
- Historical and Projected Financials: This is one of the most important pieces of information the acquirer would want while valuing the target.
- Management Structure: A brief introduction is provided about key managerial personnel, the composition of the board, and their management strategies.
Contact us today!
- Suite - 210, B Block, Nature's Crest, Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha - 751017, India
India #: (+91) 674-358-1502
US #: (+1) 585-577-7716
- [email protected]
Quality is our first priority. We always provide our clients with world-class services with a 99.99% quality guarantee and keep improving the process. Our quality checking process pass-through a 3-step checking process, reducing the error chance to zero percent.
Our process improvement continuously checks for model and report upgradation, change or application of new industry or legal rules in the valuation and analysis process. Our existing clients are very much satisfied with our quality services.
We work on a low-price model without compromising the quality of the work. We have a talented pool of MBA, CVA, CPA, CFA and other finance, accounting, and economics graduates to maintain the quality.
Since we operate from India, we benefit from the labour arbitrage and pass the same befit to our clients by providing quality services at 60-70% less than their in-house operating cost.
We always try to deliver projects as soon as possible after all required work and quality checks are done.
As soon as we receive a project request from the client, we add that to our project pipeline and set the final deadline. Then we review and request the missing documents/data from the client. In the meantime, our operation manager assigns respective tasks to respective analysts based on their competencies and sets a deadline for each. After the completion, the QC team takes over the project and checks for errors in 2-3 steps. After confirmation, our managing director quickly looks at the project and then delivers it to the client before the final deadline.
We are a reliable and trusted offshoring partner for the client. We sign the NDA and NCA when a contract is finalised between the client and us. We work for the client's best interest in a very transparent way, for which clients rely and depend on us for their part/whole process for the long term without any confusion.
We provide our endless dedicated support to our clients 24/7, whether related to a project, pricing, time or audit support. This is why clients have loved to partner with us for a long time. We provide support via online video meetings like zoom or Microsoft teams or skype, voice calls, Whatsapp and our online chat agent on our website.